Friday, July 14, 2006

Ice Bar, London


Met up with the usual suspects, Krist and Jay for a couple of drinks. London is starting to get pretty hot so we decided to go down to the Ice Bar off Regent Street and cool off.

The place is an unusual concept that has grown from the original Ice Hotel in Sweden. It costs £15 to enter which also gets you one drink and a funky silver cape to keep you warm. Additional drinks are £6 which is reasonable for London. The bar is a room that's held at -5°C with large slabs of ice for the wars, ice tables and even the glasses are made of ice. Effectively you're paying to have a drink inside a meat locker.



Overall it's a fun tourist attraction, but not a bar I'd regularly hang out. I used to think it would be cool to stay at the real Ice Hotel, but after spending 45 minutes in the Ice Bar, I wasn't so sure.



More Ice Bar and Sake antics