Las Vegas
This is the third time this year I've found myself in Las Vegas. Maybe I should consider some professional help! In defence I should say I've never really explored Vegas on my previous visits as we were either on route somewhere else (Grand Canyon) or I was here for work. We were only in Vegas for a few days so we thought couple of shows might be nice. Advice here is not to go during mid-to-late December as many shows go dark and take a break.
The Strip
We did get to see Tom Jones, which was thoroughly enjoyable. Live he has a great strong soul voice and played a varied set from Delilah to Sex Bomb through to his collaboration with Jools Holland.
Somewhat more disturbing was the number of middle-aged women in the audience who brought knickers along to throw on stage.
This time we did get around a bit and visited a bunch of hotels, casinos, sights and bars. Besides the good old view of the strip from the Mix bar in Mandalay Bay the Eiffel Tower provides a good 360° view of the strip.
Paris from the Eiffel Tower
We also ventured up to the Stratosphere and managed to go on supposedly the world's highest roller coaster. Admittedly it was rather tame but I couldn't quite get rid of the worry of it coming off.
Given all of the above I think I'm all Vegas'd out. It is too crowded, full of addict smokers who are addicted to drinking and gambling. Whilst it is possible to find good food on the Strip the setting is all wrong as the character is all fake. Finally I think I will go mad if I hear another slot machine go ding ding Ding Ding DING!